Call Answered: Dana Dellinger: "A Saturday Night Drive" benefit for Tyler Clementi Foundation
Dana Dellinger was born in La Salle-Peru, a small town near Chicago, IL. At 17, she was cast in her first professional play, The Second Time Around. From there, Dana has spent her career performing in films, cabarets, voice-overs, and was the lead vocalist of the pop band, Sudden Luck.
Now, Dana is coming back to her cabaret roots, for one night only, in A Saturday Night Drive, benefiting the Tyler Clementi Foundation. The Tyler Clementi Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to end online and offline bullying, harassment, and humiliation.
Dana & the Dangers will perform on Saturday, September 14 at Don’t Tell Mama in NYC (343 West 46th Street, between 8th & 9th Avenue) at 7pm. Click here for tickets!
1. On Saturday 9/14, you are performing a one-night only concert A Saturday Night Drive, benefiting the Tyler Clementi Foundation, which helps end online and offline bullying, harassment, and humiliation. What are you looking forward to most about this show? That everyone attending my performance will not only be entertained, but will make a difference for this Foundation. They will also have the opportunity to meet our special quest Tyler's mother Jane Clementi, the Tyler Cementi Founder/CEO.
2. What made you want this performance to benefit the Tyler Clementi Foundation? I knew I wanted to do a benefit for someone whose story was making a difference in many peoples lives. After researching, I choose the Tyler Clementi Foundation. Tyler's story really touch me because I too had suffered from being cyber bullied, harassed and humiliated, when I was in contact with an old friend after 20 years, on FaceBook. Here was an organization that was working to help others in this same situation.
3. What should audiences know about this show? It will be a show from the heart. It's a combination of R&B, Pop and Rock and Roll. It will include Covers of Billie Holiday, Stevie Nicks, Janis Joplin, Curtis Mayfield, Judy Garland and more...
4. Since this show is called A Saturday Night Drive, where is your favorite place to drive to on a Saturday Night? Cruising along the the Pacific Coast Highway with the top down and my system up...
5. What can you tell us about the film you are currently working on? It is a feature film titled Lucky Jack and starts shooting the day after this show. I am not at liberty to give more information at this time. However, you can see the trailer for my last film Pink Lightning Trailer on You Tube, which is a movie about Kennedy and Monroe with a twist.
More on Dana:
Dana Dellinger was born in La Salle-Peru, a small town near Chicago & was cast in her first professional play, The Second Time Around, at seventeen. She played the role of the granddaughter & her loving grandfather was played by the legendary Hollywood actor Pat O'Brien, who was a kind & generous mentor. After the play, she became the lead vocalist in a pop band, Sudden Luck, which traveled to various cities throughout the United States. In between engagements, talk show host Mike Douglas invited Dana to The Gaslight Club in Chicago to do a guest performance, after which she was hired.
Dana moved to New York City in her early twenties & began singing in nightclubs, appearing on The Joe Franklin Show, as well as other late night TV shows. After doing a one woman show at The Duplex, she met producer Lloyd Brown who introduced her to Director Jag Mundrha, who cast her in her first film, Night Eyes, starring Tanya Roberts & Andrew Stevens. After her second film, Down & Dirty, she became a partner in a post-production company L&L Productions, writing trailers for Pay-Per-View TV & doing voiceovers for Hemdale Film Corp., Dreamworks & Columbia. Her voice-over credits include Vincent & Theo, Impromptu & Lethal Weapon 2, for Pay-Per-View. She also writes poetry, lyrics & has recorded both jingles & her own tunes in Hollywood & New York.
Dana remained bi-coastal from 1989-2005 & now resides in New York City. In 2008, she produced & directed the anti-war film Options & is currently working on another film.