Call Answered: Adam Lindo: Netflix's "Orange is the New Black" The Final Season, Season 7
Seven seasons has flown by in the blink of an eye! I can’t believe this is it for Netflix’s award winning series Orange is the New Black. I am so excited to have the opportunity to interview Litchfield’s newest employee, the sexy Adam Lindo, who plays “Lt. Carlos Litvack.”
The final season of Orange is the New Black has just dropped on Netflix and it’s sure to be a big one! Tune in and watch Adam’s storyline unfold. But first, get to know this hot talent below!
For more on Adam follow him on Instagram!
1. You have a recurring role in the seventh and final season of Orange Is the New Black as “Lt. Carlos Litvack.” What can you tell us about your character? “Lt. Litvack” is by the book. He follows procedure, and thinks the immigration is a detriment to society. He truly believes that the immigrants in this county should go through the proper channels. When you're not doing so, you're a wild animal running through a peaceful neighborhood. He's very black and white with no gray area. I think the only time you see his guard down is with Beth Dover's character.
2. What do you relate to most about him? His dedication to making things happen, getting it done. His ability to take charge and be a presence in the room. I’ve been getting that since I was a kid.
3. What is one characteristic of his you are glad you yourself do not possess? I'm glad he was non-violent. He felt with a by the book proceeder, but even so that's the process right justifying characteristics your character has.
4. What was the most challenging part about coming into this show during its final season? Honestly, it was my first show and with anything new, I had nerves. But once I was in it, I was good.
5. Do you have any behind-the-scenes stories you can share with us? Oh yeah, Juarez and I became really close friends and a bunch of others. I don’t usually get star-struck, and I can play it off pretty well but when he walked on set and Laura Prepon, was my director and about the same age, I had to go and calm myself down to be professional because I loved her as an actress growing up on That 70’s Show. But it all worked out!
Also, I have been cutting hair for a long time now. I have my cosmetology license. I told Manny Urena that his hair was so wack he needs to come to me. He called my bluff, and I have been his barber ever since.
Another time, was the scene where I get the detainees from the encased fence, and we were rehearsing, I didn’t think I was gonna get sprayed by Jackie Cruz, and when it happened, I was in shock. Thank God I said my line from there and Jackie just kinda looked at me like oh shit I'm sorry. While everyone in production was laughing.
6. Let's switch gears for a moment and discuss this picture of you....how do you get that incredible body? What food do you miss most to keep your hot body? A lot of hard work, morning and nights. I did everything from competing for men's physic shows to boxing gladiator gym with my old coach Sean Darling. I also went to Vee Arnis Jujitsu, at a gym called the New Jersey Training Center.
As I get older I do a lot of yoga, and I have a coach, Paul Bartrony, who has been a friend of mine for years. I’m also a vegan most of the year and eat a lot of fresh fish. Living and growing up in Manahawkin NJ, right by LBI, we had a lot of access to the fresh fish.
7. If you could have two celebrities lie on either side of you in that picture, who would you want to be cuddled up against? Oh man, that's a private matter. Come on putting me on the spot. Lol. I don’t know, can we come back to that question?
8. What are some other projects you have coming up that you can tell us about? Honestly, I'm working on some personal series and projects that I'm hoping I can share soon.
9. Who or what inspired you to become an actor? Idris Elba, Leo, Viola Davis, James Dean, Marlon Brando, & Meryl Streep.
10. Rapid Fire Questions:
Boxers or Briefs? Briefs
Favorite M&M? Peanut Butter M&M
Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth? Crunchy
Favorite go-to Emoji when texting? 🧡🖤
More on Adam:
Adam Lindo known to audiences from his appearances on Blindspot (NBC), The Blacklist (NBC), Power (Starz), and Deception (ABC)