"Call Me Adam" catches up with actor Eddie Capuano as we talk about his guest starring return to the hit Off-Broadway show My Big Gay Italian Funeral, written by Anthony Wilkinson, playing at St. Lukes Theatre in NYC (308 West 46th Street, between 8th & 9th Avenue). Eddie will be My Big Gay Italian Funeral's guest star on Sunday, April 19 at 7pm! Click here for tickets!
For more on Eddie follow him on Twitter!
1. On April 19, you are making your return engagement to My Big Gay Italian Funeral as their special guest star! What initially made you want to guest star in this show and what excites you about your return? The show has been running for two years and my friend Hugh Hysell was in it, so when the opportunity came up, I jumped on it. The show is hilarious and I want to try and do it better than the first time.
2. What went through your head when My Big Gay Italian Funeral asked you back? I was honored. I added a little Naked Eddie sass at the end and Anthony liked it. I'd like to hope that helped in getting me asked back.
3. What is it like to be the guest star and perform with a cast that has already bonded together? It's awkward at first like any new situation. But the cast was all very helpful and gave me support the whole way. Even though it's not a huge part, it's nerve wracking not having a lot of rehearsal, but this cast had my back.
4. As a Gay-Italian, what do you identify most with about the show? Absofuckinglutey everything. From the drama to the comedy. The superstitions. Anthony's writing is so funny because to some degree I've witnessed these characters in real life. I think everyone has no matter Gay, str8, Italian or German. That's why audiences love it. It's universal.
5. What do you hope audiences come away with after seeing the show? Thinking the show was even better than they hoped.
6. If you were you having your own "Big Gay Italian Funeral," what celebrities would you want to attend? Madonna, Gaga, Lily Tomlin and Stephen King DUH.
8. What have you learned about yourself from being a performer? There is always room for improvement.
9. If you could have any super power, which one would you chose? To breath life to the dead. I'd like my dad, uncle, and dog back. But not like in a creepy Pet Sematary way. But like in the same way they were before they were sick and passed away.
10. If you could create your own signature drink, what would you call it and what ingredients would you put in it? The Naked Eddie. Bathtub Gin, two olives and a sliced cucumber with a dash of Franks Red Hot sauce because I put that shit on everything.
Just recently joined AEA. He has been nominated for two NJ Perry Awards. Previous Favorite Roles: "Manny" in Incongruence, "Bill" in Lobby Hero, "Dale" in The Temperamentals, "Lil Charles" in August Osage County, "Rocky" in Rocky Horror, "Toddy" in Take Me Out, "Michal" in Pillowman, "Darius" in Jeffrey, and "Millet" in Fuddy Meers.