"Call Me Adam" chats with Frankie J. Grande about his return engagement to 54 Below on January 20 and 21. We also talk about him starring on CBS' Big Brother, Broadway's Rock of Ages, staying grounded, and his sister Ariana Grande! Click here for tickets to Frankie's show at 54 Below!
1. You are returning to 54 Below for two new shows on January 20 and 21. What excites you about your return? So much has happened to me in the last year, I am so looking forward to performing this updated show for both my original Frankie fans, and for my new ones.
2. What do you love most about performing at 54 Below that made you want to come back? The sound!!!! It’s one of the greatest rooms for a vocalist to perform in, I cannot wait to get up there and sing my face off!
3. For someone who has never seen you perform, why would you tell them to come see you? You should come see my show because it will be like no other show you’ve seen at 54 Below. It will be constantly entertaining, full of heart, have a digital component, and be covered in sparkles - just like me!
4. For fans who have attended your previous shows, what can they get excited for with this new show (other than it's new)? There will be Big Brother and Rock Of Ages elements added to this version of the show!
5. According to press notes, you are going to be doing some of your incredible impressions. When did you first realize you liked to imitate people and who are some of your favorite impressions? After the first Lord of the Rings movie I went home and just immediately began speaking like "Smeagol"/"Gollum," and I was completely shocked and obsessed with my ability to do so. So, I began to discover other impersonations that I was good at, but still none of them are as exciting to me as "Smeagol"/"Gollum."
6. You are finishing up your run in Broadway's Rock of Ages, which closes January 18. What made you want to be part of the show's final weeks? Being a part of the Rock of Ages Broadway company has been a long time dream, having the honor of taking the final bow with this incredible cast makes it even more of a dream come true.
7. You spent a season in the Big Brother house. Since you will be talking about this in your upcoming 54 Below show, what can you tell us about your experience on Big Brother that you will not be mentioning in your at 54 Below? Would you want to be on another show like Big Brother again? As you may have seen on Big Brother, I hold NOTHING back - so, there will be nothing I will be holding back at my 54 Below show. However, I will say that it was an incredibly fun, rewarding, and challenging experience that I am extremely proud of.
Absolutely I’d love to do another reality TV competition - sign me up for Survivor and Celebrity Apprentice!
8. With all your success how do you stay grounded in an industry that has lead others down darker roads? Luckily, my path toward celebrity has been extremely linear. One thing has lead to another, and I have worked extremely diligently along the way. This was not an overnight success, and I think that helps keeping me grounded.
9. You and your sister both work in the industry of show business, but each on your own path within the industry. While each of you are following your own dreams, do you feel you have a stronger connection with each other because you are both in show business or do you feel your relationship would be the same regardless of both working in the same industry? I think the fact that we both work in the same industry does make us closer as we have such similar passions and interests, and jobs! We often go to each other for career advice, but that probably wouldn’t happen if I had chosen to be a doctor (as I thought I might all those years ago in college!).
10. What's the best advice you've ever received? Be true to yourself.
11. What have you learned about yourself from your varied career (singer, actor, producer, host, social media mogul, etc)? I succeed when I think less and live more. My inner joy is infectious and when I can share that with the world as much as possible, without holding back, I am at my happiest and the world responds positively!
13. If you could have any super power, which one would you choose? I would like to be an airbender so that I could fly around the world. I travel a lot. It would make things a lot easier.
14. If you could create your own signature drink, what would you call it and what would the ingredients be? The Go Grande Or Go Home; it would be filled with glitter, rainbows, sparkles, and served on fire.
Frankie J. Grande is currently starring in Rock of Ages on Broadway, after spending a season in the Big Brother house! He is a performer, producer, host, YouTube star and social media mogul. Frankie has a rich history in the theater as he has performed in Mamma Mia! on Broadway, produced Hamlet starring Jude Law, and produced and co-directed Brooke Shields’ one woman show at Feinstein’s. He was honored with the title of Mr. Broadway in 2007.