"Call Me Adam" chats with actress Janet Prince about starring in Murder, Margaret & Me which is part of the 2014 International Fringe Festival Encore Series playing at Baruch Performing Arts Center (55 Lexington Avenue, entrance on 25th Street) on September 13, 19, and 20! Click here for tickets!
1. Murder, Margaret & Me just finished its initial run in the 2014 NYC Fringe International Theatre Festival and is now being presented in their Encore Series. What excites you about reprising this show in the Fringe Encore series? Being able to reach more people. The show completely sold out its run even with two extra shows and even my husband couldn't see it!
2. How do you feel the Fringe Festival helped nurture this show in a way another festival might not have? Certainly for an international show there is no other opportunity to stage a production in NY as accessible as this, even to the point that FringeNYC petitions for the visa which is always a difficult hurdle to overcome.
3. What made you want to initially audition for Murder, Margaret & Me? The piece was commissioned for me and I was convinced I could never play three different characters; the iconic actress Margaret Rutherford in particular, but the reviews have proved me wrong!
4. What do you identify most with about Margaret Rutherford and "Miss Marple"? Margaret Rutherford and I both love(d) swimming in cold sea...a point I prove weekly at Rockaway beach! and "Miss Marple" and I are both rather nosey!
5. What do you hope audiences come away with after seeing this show? A real sense of being involved in an extraordinary true story and with a smile on their face.
6. What has been the best part about starring in this show? The whole experience has been a delight...in fact the only downside with a solo show is the last night party is a bit quiet!
7. Who or what inspired you to become a performer? Stella Sizer Simpson (still remember her name) who took me for speech classes was such a glamorous character with long red nails and bright red lipstick and in my eleven year old eyes was a perfect role model!
8. Who haven't you worked with that you would like to? Margaret Rutherford!
9. What's the best advice you've ever received? Procrastination is the thief of time...my dad wrote it in my autograph book...but I still put everything off till the last minute....still think it is good advice though!
11. If you could have any super power, which one would you choose? Pour parler français instantanément!
12. If you could be an original flavor Life Saver, which one would you be? Had to google this...thought a Life Saver was the guy at the pool...so now I am an expert...did you know they were first introduced in 1902...I'd create a margarita flavour....
13. How do you want to be remembered? With a great big laugh!