Daniel Quadrino is another one of our next generation performers on the rise! His credits include Roundabout Theatre Company's Broadway revival of "Bye Bye Birdie" (Teen Ensemble/TV Quartet/Hugo Understudy), the workshop of "Volleygirls the Musical" (Xaiver Ives), Pace University's "A Lasting Impression" (Josh Cover) and "Kiss Me Kate" (Ensemble). Daniel will be graduating from Pace University's Musical theatre class of 2014. But before graduation...
Daniel will be seen in this year's NYMF production of Michael Alvarez's "Trouble" from July 12-18 at The Pershing Square Signature Center (480 West 42nd Street). "Trouble" is a raw and uncensored look at eight teenagers and all the turmoil, sex, joy, heartbreak and trouble that young love brings. Click here for tickets!
For more on Daniel be sure to follow him on Twitter!
1. Who or what inspired you to become a performer? I was always running around singing and dancing, but a neighbor signed me up for a dance class and I fought with my Mom about going the entire time and then once I got there I ended up having such a great time and I got "bit" by the bug. Other than that I started singing in fifth grade at the talent show. I sang "Build Me Up Buttercup" and "Somewhere Out There."
2. Who haven't you worked with that you would like to? There are MANY people I haven't worked with that I'd love to work with but I don't know if I could just pick one off the top of my head. I am really open to working with anyone on new projects.
3. What attracted you to "Trouble"? What do you identify most with about your character "Joe"? I love the music in the show and I think that's what first attracted me to the show! Also the amount of heart there is in this show, everyone goes through growing up, being in love and losing, and I really believe that everyone who sees the show will be able to see how much heart there is in this piece.
I identify with "Joe" in a few different ways. I think I very much know who I am as a person and so does he. He speaks his mind and he is an open book. (which could be a curse or a blessing) "Joe" is "awkward" in a different way that I also find very relatable!
4. What do you hope audiences come away with after seeing the show? I hope audiences leave the show being able to relate to the story and characters. Also having an awesome time at the theatre and feeling like you just left a rock concert.
5. What excites you most about being part of NYMF? I think what excites me the most about being part of NYMF is working with such amazing people and working on NEW material. Aside from a crazy talented cast, we have such a loving and great creative team who are working their hardest to get the show to be the best it can be! I love that NYMF gives these new shows a chance to get up on their feet and work out the kinks and see what works in front of an audience and what doesn't!
6. What is your favorite part of the rehearsal/preview period in a show? My favorite part of the rehearsal/preview period has been different than any other show I've done! During "Bye Bye Birdie's" rehearsals and previews we had time to work out every detail and had time to make changes before the "official" opening night. With "Trouble" it's different because we only have a short amount of time to put everything together! As to my favorite part of the process this far, it's getting to work with the cast so closely and being able to create, play, and make choices as a group and work off each others energy with the guidance of our wonderful creative team!
7. What have you learned about yourself from being a performer? Through my short time working professionally I have learned that it's such a small world and you have to be yourself and you have to be grateful for every single opportunity that you get.
8. What's the best advice you've ever received? Not to take anything for granted because you really don't know what is going to happen.
9. Favorite way to spend your day off? Since we have Sundays off and where I grew up is only 40 minutes away, I go home and spend sometime with my family and girlfriend either by the pool or on the boat enjoying the awesome weather we have been having!
10. If you could dream about anyone while you sleep, who would it be? Zooey Deschanel...I don't know how my girlfriend feels about that though.
11. Favorite way to stay in shape? I like riding my beach cruiser around my town at home! I also really love swimming and running.
12. Boxers or Briefs? Mystery...see the show and you'll find out.
13. If you could have any super power, which one would you choose? I'd love to be able to time travel and go back to the past and see the first Woodstock, and the Beatles perform any song and anywhere! I'm not really sure that is a "superpower" though...