Aaron Berg is a stand up comic and solo performer originally from Canada. He has won some awards and has been nominated for other awards that he lost to people that were more popular! Aaron has headlined across Canada, the U.K. and the U.S. As an actor, Aaron has been seen in "The Boondock Saints 2," "The Lookout," "DetroitRock City," and "The Ladies Man." He has guest starred on TV in "Rookie Blue," "Flashpoint," MTV’s "Skin," and "Warehouse 13."
Aaron is currently starring in his new one man show "The Underbelly Diaries," which chronicles going from a prominent Jewish family to a steroid-addicted bodybuilder to a male stripper to a stud for hire for men and women. "The Underbelly Diaries" is a frank, honest, and funny look at Capitalism and the American dream personified. "The Underbelly Diaries" plays at The Studio Theatre at Theatre Row Complex in NYC (410 West 42nd Street, between 8th & 9th Avenue) through April 7. Click here for tickets! Following the New York engagement, "The Underbelly Diaries" will tour Canada in 2012 and is currently being adapted to a feature film.
1. Who or what inspired you to become a performer? Finding out about Eric Bogosian and his work blew my mind. Watching Richard Pryor when I was a kid, really taught me I could say whatever I wanted to.
2. Who haven't you worked with that you would like to? I'd like to be in a Bobcat Goldthwait film.
3. What made you want to write "The Underbelly Diaries"? The fact that I wasn't getting any real attention and most mainstream stand-up was so repetitive. I wanted to break out and perform something with some resonance.
4. What do you hope audiences come away with after seeing the show? I want them to laugh more than they have in a long time.
5. What have you learned about yourself from writing "The Underbelly Diaries"? That I am far to quick to label myself and that I will inevitably have more stories inside of me.
6. What is it like to star in a show you also wrote? Tough, because I want to serve the play but sometimes as a performer I want to improvise like crazy.
7. What's the best advice you've ever received? Go to New York. Family is important. Blah blah blah. All that matters is now.
8. If you could dream about anyone while you sleep, who would it be? Two weaselly lawyers getting their karmic payback.
9. If you could have any super power, which one would you choose? I'd fly. Duh!
10. These days, what's your favorite way to stay in shape? 6 days of weights, 5 days of cardio, one cheat day and half a day of YouPorn!