Jon Fleming is a Wisconsin native who always dreamed of becoming an actor. Upon arriving in Los Angeles, Jon was spotted and cast by TV legend James Burrows and given the recurring role of "Rusell," on "Will and Grace" as "Jack's" favorite acting student who was encouraged to emote with his shirt off. He was most recently used again by Burrows opposite Jay Mohr on his show "Gary Unmarried." His other television credits include "Castle," "Desperate Housewives," "Medium," "CSI New York," "Dante's Cove," "MAD TV," "Passions," and "Days of Our Lives."
Jon also appeared in the film "Domino" opposite Monique along with Keira Knightley, Edgar Ramirez and Mickey Rourke. His next film "Violence of The Mind" is to be released this summer. Jon's hobbies include collecting Vinyl Records, Running, Film Study, Camping, and Chess. His favorite films are "Gangs of New York" and "Pee Wee's Big Adventure."
Jon is making his stage debut in the Off-Broadway production of Clifford Streit's "HIM," which just completed a sold-out run at the Cherry Lane Theatre in NYC. "HIM" will now play at the Soho Playhouse (15 Vandam Street, between Varick & 6th Avenue) in NYC through April 8. Click here for tickets!
For more on Jon be sure to follow him on Twitter!
1. Who or what inspired you to become a performer? I did not get into acting as a kid. I was really into football and basketball as a kid and through college. I always loved playing in front of crowds so acting became the natural transition and I have always had a great respect for the art.
2. Who haven't you worked with that you would like to? Daniel Day Lewis, Paul Rubens, and Betty White.
3. What attracted you to "HIM" the play? The challenge of theatre. This is my first play and it is a very exciting experience. A T.V. series is also in the works.
4. What do you hope audiences come away with after seeing the show? I can only ask that they have fun and laugh. This is a comedy with relationship drama issues in the world of celebrity.
5. What do you identify most with your character "Nick"? Being fun loving, lovestruck, and living in the moment.
6. What is your favorite part of the rehearsal/preview period in a show? Where is your favorite place to rehearse on your own? Rehearsal/preview period is a great opportunity to get last minute tune ups for actors and tech. I'm always eager for opening night. I prefer to rehearse as much as possible on the stage, or if I have to, I will go to a park.
7a. What did you enjoy most about starring on "Dante's Cove" as "Adam"? The friends and fans. We had a fun time in Hawaii on that shoot.
7b. What did you enjoy most about your recurring role on "Will & Grace" as "Russell"? Aside from being a part of a great T.V. series, this show had a friendly cast and it felt like a family type atmosphere on set. This was also my first show in front of a live audience, which I credit planting the theatre bug in me.
8. What have you learned about yourself from being a performer? This is what I was born to do.
9. What's the best advice you've ever recevied? "Once in awhile you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right."
10. If you could dream about anyone while you sleep, who would it be? My girlfriend.
11. Favorite way to spend your day off? Favorite way to stay in shape? Going out for a brunch, a movie, a hike, and a show. I love running too.
12. Boxers or Briefs? Briefs.
13. If you could have any super power, which one would you choose? Double dutch.