Anthony Crouchelli is a rising actor to take notice of! From film to television to theatre, Anthony is making headlines in every medium. His theatre credits include Carner and Gregor Downtown Showcase (Soloist) and God's Favorite (Lipton), How to Succeed in Buisness (J.Pierrepont Finch), Next to Normal (Henry), Children of Eden (Japeth/Dance Captain), Little Shop of Horrors (Seymour), and Rent (Mark/Dance Captain). On film Anthony has lit up the screen in Thirty Third, The Yard Sale, and Step Up 3! while television audiences have seen Anthony on The Good Wife , Law and Order SVU, Gossip Girl, and Rihanna "What's My Name" and in National Commercial/Print campaigns for Journey Shoe's and Bosco Jeans.
Now Anthony is taking his talent on the road as "Huck Finn" in the National Tour of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer!
Catch this exciting show, coming to a town near you.
Dec. 3, 2012: New Roads, LA
Dec. 4, 2012: Amite, LA
Dec. 5, 2012: Bogalusa, LA
Dec. 6-10, 2012: Bastrop, LA
Dec. 11, 2012: Vidalia, LA
Dec. 12, 2012: Jena, LA
Dec. 13, 2012: Shonglaloo, LA
Dec. 14, 2012: New Orleans, LA
Jan. 6, 2013: Tyler, Texas
Jan. 7, 2013: Dallas, Texas
Jan. 14-26, 2013: Baton Rouge, LA
1. Who or what inspired you to become a performer? Theater for me started in a really funny situation. I had three teachers in High School named Kerr Lockhart, Alexander Diaz and John Coviello whom I recieved detention from all the time on a weekly basis. After ditching about half of my detentions for soccer practices and games, I faced the scenario with in-school suspension or auditioning for the school play. I auditioned for Lockhart and Coviello's plays, and the musical directed by Alexander Diaz. I fell in love with theater and never looked back.
2. Who haven't you worked with that you would like to? Lindsey Mendez, there is just something about her when she is on stage that makes people in the audience who are watching her fall in love with her.
3. What made you want to audition for The Adventures of Tom Sawyer National Tour? I have a good friend who is currently on the tour playing Tom Sawyer (Chris Grimm), has done nothing but speak about how amazing and incredible the process has been for him up to this point.
4. What do you hope audiences come away with after seeing the show? I hope they come away with the true value of what friendship is, and I also hope they are able to exit the theater singing some of the songs and smiling for the rest of their day.
5. What do you identify most with about "Huck Finn"? Playing collegiate soccer and being a BFA Musical Theater major is probably the craziest combination, so when I come to think of scenarios of where I am like Huck I find those times when I feel out of place with being what people thought was cool (playing soccer), and what I truly loved (Theater).
6. What excites you most about being on a national tour? The opportunity to discover myself as a performer, and just how I will be able to join a group of people and see the country while performing live art for various audiences throughout the country.
7. You just finished playing "Finch" in Rhino Theatre's production of "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying." What did you enjoy most about starring in this production? The Rhino Theater will always be my home away from home. The family that I made throughout the five months I was working on the production with these people is something that I will always hold dear to my heart. My fantstic director Carmela Barranco Wolosz gave me the opportunity to step into a company where I didn't know anyone, and trusted me with such a demanding role, which to me meant the world.
8. What have you learned about yourself from being a performer? That life is too short to keep your head down. Theater allows people to come together in the worst of times, and allows them to watch a production that sometimes would only last an hour with a message that would carry in someone's heart for the rest of their lives.
9. What's the best advice you've ever received? Sam Carner and Derek Gregor also know as the composers carnerandgregor, told me about three weeks ago to not just wish that I could be like an Aaron Tviet or a Brian Crum, but to find the great things inside yourself that allows you to become the person that people want to admire in the future.
10. If you could dream about anyone while you sleep, who would it be? Emma Watson. She is the definition of everyhting I would ever want in a woman and more.
11. Favorite way to spend your day off? I am a huge family person so anytime that I get to spend with my family or friends is a huge deal to me.
12. Favorite way to stay in shape? I am the definition of a gym junkie. I go anywhere from two to three times a day.
13. Boxers or Briefs? Briefs all day.
14. If you could have any super power, which one would you choose? Ability to go back in time, I feel that there is alot of situations where I feel like I could go back and help people out when they really needed someone at that moment.