Hailing from Rome, Victor Alfieri is a rising international actor who has spread his career through many genres: modeling, film, and television. Growing up, Victor was known as the class clown, putting on sketch comedy acts to entertain his friends. At 18, Victor was invited by a photographer to do an advertising photo shoot and his modeling career took off, gracing the cover of many Italian magazines.
In 1991, Victor turned from modeling to the Italian Police Force. He quit the force after two and a half years of service and was determined to start a career in Hollywood, so Victor packed his bags and moved to Los Angeles. Alfieri quickly landed work as an actor, with various guest starring roles on Murder, She Wrote, Ned and Stacey, and Veronica's Closet. In 1995, Victor landed his first contract roles on daytime TV's Days of Our Lives (1995-2000), playing hunky "Franco Kelly" and The Bold and the Beautiful (1999-2009) as "Giovanni Lorenzano" as well as recurring roles on NBC's Passions as "Gianni Valentino" and ABC's All My Children as "Circo." When not acting on soaps, Victor continues to guest star on other television shows including Jack & Jill, Frasier, Alias, CSI: Miami, Person Unknown, and The Mentalist.
Victor has also been making a name for himself in such films as My Sexiest Year, Angels & Demons, and The Roman Spring of Ms Stone. Victor recently landed his first American leading role in the feature film A Secret Promise, alongside Ione Skye, Ron silver and Talia Shire. His other upcoming films include Ben and Becca and Nephilim.
Currently, Victor is enjoying his time on TNT's hit show Southland as "Victor Cifuentes." Season 5 of Southland premiers February 2013.
For more on Victor be sure to follow him on Twitter!
1. Who or what inspired you to become a performer? I was always performing growing up, in school, with family, friends...But I really wanted to be a writer. When I moved to LA in the early 90's is when I fell in love with acting and gave it some serious thought.
2. Who haven't you worked with that you would like to? Robert De Niro, or Stallone. I grew up with their films.
3. You currently have a recurring role on Southland as "Victor Cifuentes." What made you want to audition for Southland and what do you identify most with about "Victor"? The audition came in so quickly. I love the show. It's very realistic and filmed just the way it is on the streets. I used to be a police officer back in Italy, so I am always fascinated with police shows. "Victor Cifuentes" is a photo journalist and reporter. I like that I can relate to him in the sense that we both like adventure, taking photos and digging for the truth.
4. Soap fans know you from Days of Our Lives, ("Franco Kelly"), The Bold and The Beautiful ("Giovanni Lorenzano") and your recurring roles on Passions ("Gianni Valentino") and All My Children ("Circo"). What is it about the Soap genre that made you want to work in it so much? I love my job, and when I left Days I always said if the opportunity comes to be on soap again I'll do it, and I did. I will do it again. It's a great honor to be in people's homes five days a week during lunchtime. :)
5. What was the best part about being on Days of Our Lives for 3 years and The Bold and The Beautiful for 10 years? What do you miss most about both shows? I really enjoyed the time on Days. It was my very first soap. Working with the cast and crew was a blast. Also, I am grateful to Fran Bascom - the very first casting director who discovered me, when I barely spoke English. She took a chance and brought me on the show. B&B was a great family environment, and I have terrific memories, especially when we filmed in Italy. When I signed with B&B I had not been back home in over 3 years. Then Bradley Bell told me, 'You are going to film in Venice.' I replied, 'Cool...I love the beach in Santa Monica.' He smiled and said, 'You are going to Venice, Italy.' It was a dream, and I will never forget it.
6. Soap fans are some of the most dedicated to their favorite stars. What did you like about meeting your fans? If you could send a message to your fans, what would it be? I was and still am, happy to meet soap fans. They are part of my life, my work and my success. I will always be thankful for their support. I'd say to them: THANK YOU, FOR BELIEVING IN ME.
7. In addition to television, you also have starred in a number of films. What do you get from working in film that you do not get from working television? Of the films you are working on, which ones can you talk about? Films are different from television in the sense that there is more time to prepare, to study your character, to be more artistic in that sense. Also, I was very lucky to be involved with films such as Angels and Demons and The Roman Spring of Ms Stone. I got to travel and act with a few of my favorite actors.
Recently I filmed A Secret Promise, a romantic comedy. It's my very first lead in an American film, and I am very proud of it. I had the chance to act with Ioni Sky, Talia Shire and Ron Silver. It's out right now. You can see it at FILMFESTIVALFLIX.com.
8. What have you learned about yourself from being a performer? To believe in your dreams. Always.
9. What's the best advice you've ever received? Be patient.
10. If you could dream about anyone while you sleep, who would it be? Well, at night I still write my screenplays. I am a very passionate writer. Then when I fall asleep, I often dream of being on a secluded beach...just relaxing.
11. Favorite way to spend your day off? At the movies...and Boxing.
12. Favorite way to stay in shape? Boxing. I have been doing it since I was 12. I used to compete back in Italy.
13. Boxer or Briefs? Briefs.
14. If you could have any super power, which one would you choose? None...the real power is to forgive.