Lindsay Nicole Chambers is another rising performer with great stage presence and comedic timing. When Lindsay is on stage, people are watching! She has delighted audiences in Broadway's "Legally Blonde" and "Hairspray" while regional audiences got the chance to see her in "All Shook Up," "Hairspray" (1st National Tour), "She Loves Me," "Chicago," "Damn Yankees," "Oklahoma," and "West Side Story."
Currently, Lindsay is tearing it up in the Transport Group's Off-Broadway smash hit "Lysistrata Jones" which is playing at The Gym at Judson through June 24! Click here for tickets! (and here for my review). She can also be seen in the hit web series "Submissions Only" created by fellow "Adaumbelle's Quest" participant Andrew Keenan-Bolger!
1. Who or what inspired you to become a performer? I've always wanted to perform, but seeing Carol Burnett and Lucille Ball and women being hilarious really showed me that it was something I could do. Another inspiration: Stevie Nicks. I STILL want to be her.
2. Who is the one person you haven't worked with that you would like to? Will Ferrell, Tina Fey, Carol Burnett and Zach Galifianakis. That's more than one person...
3. What attracted you to "Lysistrata Jones" and what is your favorite part of the show? I did the show in Dallas when it was called 'Give It Up!' so I definitely wanted to be part of it again. I really wanted to work with Dan and Doug. My favorite part of the show is 'When She Smiles'- it's fun to be sung about and Josh is so great be on stage with.
4. What is your favorite part of the rehearsal/preview period in a show? I like that first time, after you've been rehearsing and rehearsing, you start to realize you've got a great show. That's really fun.
5. Favorite place to practice/rehearse on your own? The only place I ever rehearse alone is at home, so...at home?
6. How has performing strengthened you as a person? I think the more you perform the more confident you are in yourself and my instincts. Unless you get a bad review, and then you wonder why you spent all that money on school.
7. Favorite way to stay in shape? I like to do shows that make you dance and jump up and down a lot. Or any show where I play a teenager. I stay really fit doing those kinds of shows.
8. Favorite skin care product? What are you trying to say?
9. Favorite website? Submissions Only TV on youtube. Can you say plug?
10. Superman or Wonder Woman? Batman! He's always been my fave.
11. What is the best advice you've ever received? Just to keep going. Keep doing what I love to do and doing the best job I can. To believe in myself. Totally corny, but really true. And good to remember.
12. If you could dream about anyone while you sleep, who would it be? If I could go to sleep at a reasonable hour THAT would be a dream.