Elizabeth Stanley is an actress on the rise! She was nominated for a Kevin Kline Award for her performance in "Amadeus" at the Repertory Theatre of St. Louis. On Broadway, Elizabeth has delighted audiences in John Water's "Cry-Baby," the Tony-Award Winning Revival of "Company," and most recently jamming with the boys in smash-hit "Million Dollar Quartet" (along with Tony Award Winner & fellow "Adaumbelle's Quest" participant Levi Kreis). Elizabeth has performed regionally across the country at Pioneer Theatre Company, O’Neill Festival, La Jolla Playhouse, Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park. She also skated around the world on the first national tour of "Xanadu" (along with fellow "Adaumbelle's Quest" participant Max Von Essen) In addition to theatre, Elizabeth has guest-starred on such hit shows as “Fringe,” and “The Chappelle Show,” as well as “PBS Great Performances” (‘April’ in Company). Now Elizabeth and Max can be seen in the Transport Group's HOT, SEDUCTIVE new show "Hello Again" at 52 Mercer Street through April 3!
1. Who or what inspired you to become a performer? The sense of family and belonging that I felt when I was finally amongst other artists is what drew me in initially. The encouragement of teachers and family is what encouraged me to pursue it for a career.
2. Who is the one person you haven't worked with that you would like to? Gosh, that's tricky to just pick ONE! um....Victoria Clark is a mentor of mine, and I would really love to share the stage with her.
3. What attracted you to "Hello Again”? The SCORE of course!!
4. What is the best advice you've ever received? Floss your teeth! Keeps you healthy! :)
5. Favorite place to practice/rehearse on your own? At home or if I'm just studying silently, I enjoy any sunny spot I can find -- love the lawn at Bryant Park.
6. Favorite way to stay in shape? Bikram Yoga--Yes, I like torturing myself in a smelly 100 degree room. Yes, I might be a bit crazy....
7. Favorite way to spend your day off? Hiking somewhere outside the city. I find nature very rejuvenating.
8. Favorite skin care product? Burt's Bees Chapstick. It's like a candycane, a toothbrush, and moisturizer all in one pocket-sized-tube!
9. Favorite website? dailyom.com
10. Superman or Wonder Woman? WW totes.
11. Do you have any strange or unusual talent that nobody knows about? hmmm... I don't think so...
12. If you could dream about anyone while you sleep, who would it be? One of the guys from “ACE of Cakes...” that way I'd have eye candy, and sugary snacks at the same time. Win.Win.