Alex Brightman is yet another rising actor to be on the look out for. On Broadway, Alex has starred in "Wicked" and "Glory Days" while regionally he starred in "The History Boys". His film and television credits include "Red Hook" and "Important Things with Demetri Martin." Alex has performed with such rising singers/songwriters such as Ryan Scott Oliver, Will Van Dyke ("Chasing The Day"), and Bobby Cronin ("Reach The Sky"). Alex can currently be seen in the limited run of the Off-Broadway show "Spidermusical" from March 15-21 at The Mint Theater (311 West 43rd Street).
1. Who or what inspired you to become a performer? Seeing the Broadway production of "The Who's Tommy" really made me want to be a performer. I know I was meant to be a performer because I am consistently inspired every day by thousands of things.
2. Who is the one person you haven't worked with that you would like to? I would love to work with Zelko Ivanek or Johnny Depp. I think we would have a good time together. As far as stage goes, I would love to share a moment or two with Mark Rylance or Jeff Goldblum.
3. What attracted you to "Spidermusical"? I have been doing improv comedy for about 10 years and this is one of those projects that just screams to someone like me. I read the script and was literally holding in pee from laughing so hard. It's smart, witty, vulgar, and heartfelt. Tim Drucker and Randy Blair (the writers) are evil geniuses when it comes to this kind of thing. The cast is top-notch and I think the show is going to be more entertaining than the Spider Man musical on Broadway, that hasn't opened yet.
4. What's the best advice you've ever received? Never let nervous energy envelop you. Acknowledge and embrace it and use it for greatness.
5. Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts? What do you order? Starbucks all the way. I'm boring. Just a plain old cup of bold coffee for me.
6. Favorite place to rehearse/practice on your own? I love to rehearse on my girlfriend's and my bed. Don't get any dirty ideas. I love to sit cross-legged on a bed with a script.
7. Favorite way to stay in shape? I go to the gym as often as I can. But when I can't, I love to have impromptu dance parties with my girlfriend. Also, sometimes we pretend like we're puppies who just met. We sniff each other's butts and play fight. It really gets the sweat going.
8. Boxers or Briefs? None of your fuckin' business. Just kidding...thongs.
10. Superman or Wonder Woman? Superman. I don't truly believe that a "truth-telling lasso" is a passable weapon for a super hero.
11. Do you have any strange or unusual talent that nobody knows about? I can juggle like a pro. I can walk on a tightrope. I'm also a really good kisser.
12. If you could dream about anyone while you sleep, who would it be? I usually dream about my girlfriend. No complaints there. Love her.