Lindsay is yet another one of our next generation performers who’s fast on the rise. She was recently seen in Roundabout Theatre’s Tony Nominated Broadway production of “Everyday Rapture” (as well as 2nd Stage’s Off-Broadway run) and prior to that she was seen in Broadway’s “Grease.” Lindsay has also been seen in Off-Broadway’s “The Marvelous Wonderettes.” Regionally, Lindsay has been seen in productions of “Princesses,” “Footloose,” “Sounds of Plaid,” “Grease,” “Lucky Stiff,” “Gidget,” and “Call Me Madam.” Lindsay is also a sought after performer for many industry readings, workshops, and concerts such as “Rated RSO,” “Tales of the City,” “Band Geeks,” “Go The Distance,” and “An Evening with Andrew Lippa.”
Next up, Lindsay will be lending her powerhouse vocals to Ryan Scott Oliver’s February 7 Songbook Release Concert at Joe’s Pub along with Andrew Keenan-Bolger! Monday, Feb. 7 would be a great time to come check out Lindsay and Andrew as they sing the music of Ryan Scott Oliver! For much more on Lindsay be sure to visit: http://www.lindsaymendez.net.
1. Who or what inspired you to become a performer? Definitely Judy Garland. (yes, I did grow up basically as a gay man.) I loved watching her movies when I was a little girl, and I always wanted to sing just like her.
2. What is the highest and lowest note you can sing? The highest belt note would be an A flat, and soprano is probably a high E. Lowest note, comfortably…I’d say an F below middle C.
3. Who is the one person that you haven’t worked with that you would like to? I would LOVE to work with Bette Midler. I absolutely think she is brilliant, and has really made her own career…one that I extremely admire.
4. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? Run your career as a marathon…not a sprint.
5. If you couldn’t be doing what you are doing now, what career would you choose? I would probably be a History teacher. I DO enjoy teaching, and I am a huge history buff.
6. Favorite place to rehearse/practice on your own? My car….when I have a car…
7. Favorite way to spend your day off? A Manicure/Pedicure and a dinner at DINNER TIME with my husband.
8. Favorite skin care product? Mario Badescu Glycolic Cleanser.
9. Favorite website? ummm…Netflix.com. It’s sort of my new obsession…rating movies, and seeing what it picks for me.
10. Superman or Wonder Woman? Duh…Wonder Woman. Her outfit is FIERCE.
11. Do you have any strange or unusual talent that nobody knows about? I can flip my under eye-lids into my eyes and look extremely scary. But…it hurts.
12. If you could dream about anyone while you sleep, who would it be? My future child…I just made myself throw up a little.