Best known as Medical Examiner Rodgers since 1992 on the various "Law & Order" series, Leslie Hendrix is a diversified actress between television, flim, and theatre. She makes occassional appearances on "The Good Wife" and has starred in such films as "Went To Coney Island on a Mission From God (Be Back By Five)," "Made For Each Other," and the soon to be released "Arthur." On Broadway, Leslie has enchanted audiences in "A Streetcar Named Desire," "Indiscretions," "Hollywood Arms," and "The Music Man." Her Off-Broadway credits include "The Cider House Rules" (Atlantic Theater Company), "The Cover of Life" (American Place), and "Susan and God" (Mint Theatre). Currently, Leslie can be seen captivating audiences in At Hand Theatre's production of "The Body Politic" by Richard Abrons and Margarett Perry and directed by Margarett Perry. "The Body Politic" plays at 59E59 in NYC (59 East 59th Street) through March 6!
1. Who or what inspired you to become a performer? Seeing plays at ACT in San Francisco with my mom, watching the movie of "West Side Story" for the first time at age 12, I think (it knocked my socks off)---and watching Carol Burnett on the tube.
2. Who is the one person you haven't worked with that you would like to? Oh, there are MANY people I'd like to work with, I couldn't possibly name just one. And not all of them are famous.
3. What attracted you to the role of "Brunhilda Logan"? One word: Bitch. With a capital B.
4. What do you get from performing in a theatrical show that you don't get from television or film? Audience reaction, especially laughter. Love it. Nothing can replace the energy of a live audience. Also, hanging out backstage or in the dressing room with fellow castmates, trying to make each other laugh. Love that, too.
5. What's the best advice you've ever received? Not to get hung up about stuff I can do nothing about. Simple advice, but not always easy to put into practice.
6. Favorite place to rehearse/practice on your own? Anywhere I can be alone, undisturbed, to pace and smoke, to be honest.
7. Favorite way to stay in shape? I'm NOT in shape! I used to be a real gym rat, but at the moment the thought of going to the gym makes me want to go lie down and polish off a jar of peanut butter and a box of dark chocolate.
8. Favorite skin care product? I really like the Philosophy line. And Lush is fantastic, too.
10. Superman or Wonder Woman? Batman. Dark, tormented, awesome.
11. Do you have any strange or unusual talent that nobody knows about? I have a weird ability to locate missing objects, to remember where I last noticed them, even if the last time was days before. I can "see" them in my mind. If the old game show "Concentration" was still on the air, I'd win a million bucks.
12. If you could dream about anyone while you sleep, who would it be?
Probably Bill Hicks. My Bill Hicks dreams are a blast, and I never wake up feeling sad from them.