Paul Downs Colaizzo is a versitile actor. With impeccable comedic timing and a way to reach your soul, whether it's comedy or drama, Paul pulls out all the moves. TV audiences will recognize him from "As The World Turns" on CBS, playing the recurring role of "Van" while theatre audiences know him from the Cubby Bernstein Web Series as Cubby's assistant "Dyllun Von Ritter
". In addition to television and the web, Paul has been seen on the New York stage in "Twilight in Manchego", "The Brain From Planet X", "Mabou Mines' The Spider Operas", "Snakebit", "The Spickner Spin", & a workshop of "The Yellow Wood". Regionally, Paul has delighted audiences in "Fiddler on the Roof", "Great Expectations", "Merrily We Roll Along", "Disney's High School Musical 2". You can catch Paul on the new mini-tour of "Disney's High School Musical"
playing the role of "Jack Scott" through August 30 in Grand Rapids, MI
& then onto Wolftrap Center For Performing Arts in Wolftrap, VA
from September 2-6. For more of the genius that is Paul Downs Colaizzo, visit: http://www.pauldownscolaizzo.com
1. Who inspired you to become a performer?
Heather Mazur - babysitter extrordinairre - she was Annie on the national tour when I was 3 - now she's on the showtime series CRASH.
2. Who is the one person you haven't worked with that you would like to? Raul Esparza. Or Kristen Wiig. Or both.
3. Do you have any strange or unusual talent that no one knows about? I can melt like Alex Mac.
4. Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts? What do you order? I've been off of caffeine for about 7 years. So I'd say Dunkin' Donuts - 1 glazed donut.
5. Animal Crackers or Oreos? Oreos. Double Stuffed. a sleeve a night. with 2% milk.
6. Favorite kind of sundae (ice cream flavor and toppings)? Ben and Jerry's Karmel Sutra.
7. Boxers or Briefs? Boxer briefs but transitioning to briefs. Except they hurt to sleep in them.
8. Favorite ride at an amusement park? Roller coasters with lots of ups and then downs.
9. Books or Magazines? Books. Usually from the self-improvement section. or new non fiction.