Scott Alan is one of today's rising singer/songwriters. A Long Island native, Scott knew at the age of 3 that music would be his life after his grandfather sat him down and played him the soundtrack to "Oliver." Shortly after, Scott learned to find his way using his music, lyrics and most of all his voice to express himself. While attending college in Boston, one of Scott's friends suggested he put together an evening of his music. On February 19, 1999, "Listen and Dream" premiered at the Fireplace Theater in Boston. Not a moment after the first standing ovation, Scott knew music was going to be his future, not just a hope. After "Listen and Dream," Scott packed up and moved out to California to pursue his music where an old friend suggested he audition for a new group that fired their lead vocalist. Scott auditioned, got the job and was in the studio shortly there after. Though he didn't love the music that was being recorded, Scott did get the studio & deadline experience he needed.
After the group parted ways, Scott met music industry vets Ricky Minor & Diane Louie, and soon he was working with such award winning artists as Toni Braxton, Luther Vandross, Boys II Men, and Yolanda Adams. In 2002 Scott's musical "Detour" opened to packed crowds at The Complex Theater and in 2003 Scott moved back to New York to premiere his new musical "Pieces," which had yet to open, but already has gained a fan following. January 2005, Scott produced "Monday Nights, New Voices" at the Duplex which celebrates the best up and coming talent in New York. In 2007, Scott released his debut album, "Dreaming Wide Awake: The Music of Scott Alan" featuring some of today's most talented Broadway performers. 2008 brought the release of Scott's second album "Keys" with more of today's Broadway's best singing his music. Through out it all Scott has performed at some of New York's most famed venues from The Duplex to Birdland along with many of the Broadway performers featured on his CDs. He's also performed in Los Angeles at Upright Cabaret and London's Duchess Theatre. Now he's coming back to London for one night only, October 11 at the Leicester Square Theatre at 5pm & 8pm. For a night that will make you want more...be sure to check him out as well his website: http://www.scottalan.net
1. Who inspired you to become a composer/producer? Nobody inspired me to be a composer, but I was inspired to write because of many different situations in my life.
2. Who is the one person you haven't worked with that you would like to? Jennifer Love Hewitt. No, I'm not kidding. The Ghost Whisperer is my life.
3. Who do you consider to be your hero? Joni Mitchell. She writes the truth every time.
4. Is there ever a time you thought about quitting? Every single day of my life.
5. Do you have any strange or unusual talent that no one knows about? No, but I wish I did. i should work on that.
6. If you could dream about anyone while you sleep, who would it be? I'd actually love to dream about nothing. White noise and a beautiful, peaceful ocean.
7. Favorite website? Facebook, of course :)
8. Favorite way to stay in shape? Is this a trick question?
9. Boxers or Briefs? The mystery continues.
10. Superman or Wonder Woman? He-Man...
11. Favorite kind of cheese? Lactose Intolerant...hows that for a bonus question answer?
12. Favorite birthday? The one I haven't had yet.