For the past 11 years, James Monroe Iglehart has been entertaining audiences in theatre and television. His theatre credits include: "The Cowardly Lion" in "The Wiz" (Encores!), Broadway's "25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Be," "Porgy and Bess" (Oakland EB Symphony), "It Ain't Nothing but the Blues" (Theatreworks, CA), and "Smokey Joe's Cafe" (AMT San Jose). James is also part of the Hip Hop Improv group "Freestyle Love Supreme" and he is the "Silent E" soloist on "The Electric Company." Currently, James can be seen in Broadway's smash hit "Memphis," (along with fellow "Adaumbelle's Quest" participants Chad Kimball and Derrick Baskin) with his show-stopping opening Act 2 dance number! For more on James, be sure to check out http://www.jamesmonroeiglehart.webs.com.
1. Who inspired you to become a performer? My parents. Prince and Michael Jackson.
2. What is the highest and lowest note you can sing? I have a low G and high B.
3. Who is the one person you haven't worked with that you would like to? Chuck Cooper.
4. What has been your best and worst experience in a show? The best experience was the opening of Memphis and the worst was this horrible understudy I had in the Bay Area.
5. Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts? What do you order? Starbucks. I love their Carmel Apple cider.
6. Books or Magazines? Both. I'm a nerd.
7. Boxers or Briefs? Depends on the mood.
8. Favorite musician/singer? Prince, Stevie Wonder.
9. Favorite website? WWE.com and Broadway.com.
10. Superman or Wonder Woman? Neither Batman all the way!